NOTE: some of these service also deliver audio files of your blog posts (text-to-speech).
Requires someone to click the button on your blog post, taking them to your mobilize page, where they fill out a form and get sent an SMS with a link to download audio file.
There is also a mobile web version where you can access your favourite feeds and click a post to download and listen. For an indepth review check out this post.
For all this to work you need to have audio version of your blog posts…Talkr converts (text to speech), so my blog posts become audio files, and it also generates a podcast feed for my blog.
- create an online account and add your favourite podcast feeds
- ring up and listen to your feeds
- in contrast to mobilize you don’t download a file, you simply listen to content over the phone
- if you want to do this for regular feeds, you’d have to run them through a service like Talkr first in order to make them podcasts
- a podcast directory with a phone number next to each feed
- to listen to the latest posts from a feed ring the number or enter any podcast URL to get a number
- this website seems minimal enough to use on your mobile web-enabled phone, just goto the website on your phone, enter a podcast URL, and get a number, then ring that number, and listen…
- Call One local Number (your special phone number) to listen to your feeds
- If you register you can add your favourite feeds to your account