The blog post explains it all:
- it updates every 2 minutes, or you can manually refresh
- click arrows to see tweets in full
- click on the avatar of the tweet you have displayed to see a profile (basically the “whois” command)
- view friends or public timeline
- displays the last 10 or so tweet headlines (even scroll for more), click on a tweet to display it in full
- post a tweet (publish to all)
- post a direct message via a drop down menu of your friends
It doesn’t have an installer, I think this means it doesn’t live in your systems tray yet, so everytime you start your PC you will have to execute it from the web page.
It lacks a minimize button, the only way to minimise it, is to click on it in your task bar.
Commands like : “get elsua”, or “leave elsua” don’t work for me at the moment
…maybe this will be built into the interface so we don’t have to use the command, just like with direct messages.
Come to think of it commands are only for IM or SMS, desktop apps are a browser alternative so instead of commands there will be a GUI.
I’d like to limit my stream to one or a selection of friends (people I follow).
When I click on a profile I’d like to see their Twitter URL so I can launch to their Twitter webpage
Option button doesn’t work for me
See the Twitter Fan Wiki for more desktop apps.
Some other Twitter tools that are new to me…
AutoTwit enables you to schedule tweets (weekly, daily, hourly)…what about once off, I don’t want the same re-occuring tweet.