Twitter is a social network micro-blogging services. Where you can send/receive posts from your phone, IM or the web.
nowthen is also a social network, like Twitter the homepage aggregates the latest posts, but it also sections this into time periods, even providing a calendar…I’d like to see a calendar on each user space.
The way it works is you can SMS text or MMS photo/text or email with attachment to your user space, or simply use the web.
- add friends
- send private messages
- tag and comment pics
- text someone from the web
(you can override this - by sending your picture to a public or private email address or the text PRIV or PUBL at the start of your MMS.
You can also send pictures for your friends eyes only by emailing a special friends email address or the text FRIE at the start of your MMS)
- Watch a friend via the web or by texting “watch [your friend’s display name]”
- comment from your phone by replying with “COMMENT [friend’s username] [your comment here]”
- also set Silent times for when you are asleep, when you wake you can catch up on all the pics you have missed.
- Groups allows you to organise your friends into groups, this way certain friends won’t get photo’s they are not meant to see.
(to send a pic to a group email group name email address, or text the group name at the start of the MMS.
NOTE: these are not formal groups, it is just organising your friends